This post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission when you click on those links. You can read my full disclaimer here.
If last year was the worst time for music festivals, this year is said to be the best time for live music. As the world is recovering from the pandemic with businesses reopening, music festivals are slowly coming back too. And if you’re low on cash you go and make some extra money. Keep reading to learn how to make money at music festivals.
Attending A Music Festival? Here Are 5 Ways To Make Money At One
1) Selling at festivals
The simplest and easiest method for how to make money at music festivals is by selling. It could be essentials such as food and drinks, or things like merchandise and exclusive VIP access. The possibilities are endless! As long as you can sell it, you can most likely do it there.
Here are some of the items that you can sell at a music festival, their pros and cons, and their potential profits you could make.
Food and beverages
Even though music festivals will have lots of food options, the prices might be high and people will always want more. That’s why this is a great option for vendors.
- High demand
- Easy to sell
- Risk of spoilage
- Possible overstock
- Variable (depends on cost of inventory and price point)
- Likely to be high given high demand
Clothing and Merchandise
Who doesn’t want something special to remember all the fun they had? That’s why selling attire or other merchandise associated with the festival is a great selling option.
- No risk of expiration/spoilage like food
- Higher cost of inventory
- 30% or more!
There will always be those people who will try to attend the music festival even if they don’t have any tickets. And there are those who are clumsy or forgetful enough and up losing their tickets. So if you’ve got extras this can be a super easy way to make a big profit.
- Very high demand
- People willing to pay much more
2) Doing body or tattoo art
Another tip on how to make money at music festivals is by unleashing your artistic alter ego and doing body or tattoo art. You can easily do and offer your services to others, especially if you bring some art samples that are collated in a book or displayed on a board. On doing body art, you can use colored inks and glitters especially designed for body art. Moreover, you can use henna ink or actual permanent tattoo ink for tattoo art. It’s really up to you, but make sure that your works will satisfy your customers.
- Lots of people would use your services for sure, especially if you are really good at it.
- This could take much time, depending on the size and type of the art that the customer wants. So, make sure that you accept projects that will be finished by scheduled time.
- 60% or more!
3) Becoming an on-demand photographer
An easy yet effective way on how to make money at music festivals is by snapping beautiful photos. You can bring your tripod, drone, and DLSR or digital camera or you can actually use your iPhone or any well-equipped smartphone in order to become an on-demand photographer of anyone at the festival. You can casually offer your photography services to people whom you notice are having a hard time taking photos of themselves. Moreover, you can include your editing skills as an additional service.
- You will use your talent, skills, and gadgets as your capital.
- Some people might try to haggle your price so make sure that you talk to them professionally in terms of your services.
- 70% or more!
4) Setting up a booth or shop
If you are allowed to do it by the music festival management, you can set up a booth or shop as another perfect way on how to make money at music festivals. Your booth or shop can offer different items such as bags, accessories, and souvenirs, which a lot of music festival goers will surely love to buy. You can make your own items or you can commission others to produce your items but make sure to do all preparations beforehand so everything will go smoothly during the festival.
- Having an actual booth or shop at the music festival will establish your credibility as a seller and the quality of the items that you will sell.
- It would take a lot of work during the preparation stage and during the actual music festival.
- 50% or more!
5) Leasing your room’s extra bed or space
Do you have an extra bed or extra space at your room? If so, why not lease it to someone who might need it? You can easily have your extra bed or space rented out by another music festival goer and this is another easy way on how to make money at music festivals. Just make sure to have it rented by someone trustworthy because if not, you could endanger yourself and your belongings.
- As long as you have a room and an extra bed or space, you can easily do this.
- You will be sharing your room to someone who might be a stranger and hence, you must be very wary in choosing who you will have your extra bed or space rented.
- 30% or more!
Wanna learn how to make money from your workouts? Check out our guide on How to Make Money as a Personal Trainer!