This post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission when you click on those links. You can read my full disclaimer here.
Today we’re bringing you another easy way to make money online. It’s a great option for beginners and those who’re just lazy because it doesn’t require much brain power. Honestly, anyone can do it! Get ready to find out how to make money uploading files.
How to Make Money Uploading Files in 2021
It might sound unbelievable, but it’s true. You can actually get paid for just uploading files to the internet. It’s not just about the uploading though. People need to be downloading those files for you to make money. The more downloads you get, the more money you make. So, you can’t just upload any random file and expect to make money. Make it something popular.
Nothing too crazy needed. As long as you have a computer with internet access, you’re good to go. I’ve never tried, but I suppose you could even do it using your phone or other mobile device.
How it Works
1) Sign up with a file hosting service (we’ve included a list of good ones below)
2) Choose what types of files you’ll be uploading
3) Upload files (this is the easy part)
4) Promote your links to get people to download
Then you can just sit back and watch the money come in. Storage sites typically pay a set amount for every 1,0000 downloads. You’re the publisher who gets paid for displaying their ads. You also profit from referring new members. They all offer free and paid plans. You get more space if you pay a few bucks a month, but most of the free ones are just fine. And you can sign up for as many as you want.
What Types of Files?
Think about what’s popular. Video, music, photos, and e-books are all good choices. Games and software are good choices as well. But don’t waste time on super large files. Uploading a bunch of small ones gives you more potential earnings. Adult content is extremely popular too. Look for trending content people are searching for to get more downloads.
Watch out when distributing files with copyrights. Some hosts will ban you and you could be in serious legal trouble.
Where to Share Files?
Unless you’ve already got a really popular website, online forums will be the best places to share your links. Sites with lots of user-generated content, like Reddit are good options too. Be careful not to spam or post anything that violates the site’s terms of service.
Recommended File Sharing Sites
- Facebook – Facebook groups are good because they’re already targeting a common interest. People get annoyed if you just to keep posting to your timeline.
- YouTube – Make a relevant video and add your link to the description.
- 4chan – This is the wild west of the internet, so you don’t need to worry as much about what you post.
- File sharing forums
Best Sites for Uploading
How Much Money Can You Make?
You’re not going to make a career out of just uploading files. But it’s a really easy way to make a few bucks on the side. And it’s mostly passive too. Just re-share your links now and then to keep them alive. Realistically, you can expect to make at least $50-$100 a month.
- Very easy way to supplement your income
- No special training required
- Passive method of earning
- Doesn’t require any investment
- Anyone can do it
- Lower earnings than other methods
- Might be in trouble with the law, depending on what you share
- Higher minimum payout threshold
- Make Money Completing Online Surveys
- How to Make Money with a VPS Server
- Earn Cash using ClickBank and Twitter
Uploading files is an easy way to earn spare cash in your spare time. It’s good for beginners because it doesn’t require any special knowledge or previous experience. And it’s almost completely passive, so you don’t need to waste a bunch of energy. Just be careful about what you share and where you share it. You won’t make a fortune, but it’s a start. And the fact that it’s passive income lets you continue pursuing other opportunities.
Want to learn about more easy methods for making money? Subscribe to our site to get new ideas each day.